Resources - Need help? Look here!
The Learning Resource Center will be open after Labor Day!
I missed some class notes:
I need help studying:
- Flippity.net - Make electronic flashcards, play review games, and quiz yourself.
- Quizlet - Make electronic flashcards, play review games, and quiz yourself.
I need help with grammar:
- No Red Ink (noredink.com) - This site is similar to IXL. There are some topics you can practice with the free version, but you get more features and topics if you pay. Whether or not you pay, you can create an account and track your progress. Ms. Aleman often uses this in class or for homework to practice skills.
- GRAMMAR BYTES (chompchomp.com) - This site is totally free! There are powerpoints and videos to help teach/review concepts. Online exercises allow you to practice skills. If you create an account, you can track your progress. Ms. Aleman likes to use this site for the presentations, which are usually fairly entertaining.
- Diagramming Sentences - This is an interactive presentation that walks you through sentence diagramming.
I need help with reading:
- Teenbiz (teenbiz3000.com) - Access nonfiction articles on your reading level, and then answer questions to practice various reading skills (summarizing, main idea, etc.) Ms. Aleman mainly uses Teenbiz in class, but you will occasionally have an assignment for homework. You can also use Teenbiz to find articles for science and social studies topics.
Vocabulary (coming soon)